Why UK education? Amidst the rich legacy of yesteryear empires of the United Kingdom (UK), UK has managed to retain its global recognition by becoming one of the oldest and popular study destinations in Europe as well as the world. Below guide to UK education may help you make an informed choice.
The United Kingdom is no doubt the best place to pursue higher studies. It is estimated that over 600,000 international students become a part of the UK education system annually to have career-defining education experience.
1. Leading study destination in the world: UK education has consistently been recognized to meet the expectations of the global student community and has maintained its reputation for world-class research all these years. Being a part of the UK education system is surely an experience in itself.
2. Post-study work visa: UK has recently extended its post-study work benefits to all international students, thereby extending their stay in the UK up to two years even without work and actively looking for a job after graduating under UK education.
3. Job-ready market: Brexit or no Brexit, work opportunities in the UK will remain attractive for young international graduates. Engineering, Auditing, Finance & Business Management continues to the most high-paying job sectors in the UK.
4. Quality UK education: Getting a study degree under UK education is even more prestigious with world-renowned & some of the oldest institutions offer affordable higher education to deserving international students. You have an option to choose from over 50,000 study courses in more than 25 subject areas.
Studying in UK means getting admitted to reputed colleges or universities under the UK education system in Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland or England. Here is a comprehensive list of top-ranked universities in UK along with its most highlighting feature:
|University of Oxford||Ranked fifth in recent QS World University Rankings|
|University of Cambridge||Its alumni include famous personalities like Stephen Hawking, Isaac Newton, and Emma Thompson|
|Imperial College of London||One of the ten universities in the world in terms of teaching and research|
|University College London||Ranked seventh in recent QS World University Rankings|
|London School of Economics & Political Science||Over 70% of its student population comes from abroad|
|King’s College London||Titled as the university in the UK for graduate employment.|
|University of Warwick||Known for courses in International Studies and Economics as well as affordable fees.|
Few other universities under UK education offering high-quality education services are as follows:
|University of Cambridge||Cardiff University||University of Edinburgh|
|University of Birmingham||Swansea University||University of Dundee|
|Aston University||University of South Wales||University of Aberdeen|
|University of Manchester||Glyndwr University||University of Glasgow|
Most Universities offer their own scholarship programs to eligible international students. There are equally a good number of programs run by the government, non-government organisations to support the financial needs of eligible students willing to pursue higher studied under UK education. Here are some of the popular scholarships to apply for universities & colleges under UK education:
|Chevening Scholarship||GREAT Scholarships|
|Commonwealth Scholarship & Fellowship for masters, doctoral degree||Inlaks Scholarships|
|Hornby scholarships by University of Warwick||Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships|
|Charles Wallace Trust Scholarships||The Rhodes Scholarships|
|International Excellence Scholarships||Undergraduate Entry Scholarships|
UK visa is a point-based visa system. Students will have a maximum of 40 points to score. Applying for a student visa for UK education is a simple process and involves the following steps:
1) Check your eligibility: Tier 4 visa is required to be enrolled as a student under the UK education system.
2) Arrange your documents: Basic documents like photo-identity proofs, medical examination report, previous travel proof along with evidence of your confirmed place at the University & English proficiency test scores need to be updated for submission.
3) Apply online: You can fix an appointment for a visa interview after registering yourself online on the official UK Visa website. Pay the application fee as applicable.
4) Visa interview: Visit the designated visa application centre to submit your application and facial photograph and fingerprints.
Find a Course to Study Abroad from Course finder tool