The Health Informatics Program at George Brown College is designed for IT, health care or related professionals who aspire to enter into a health informatician/analyst role or practitioners who wish to enhance their experience with formal education. The program aims to develop specialists in health informatics who can respond to the current and emerging needs of healthcare systems.
The program covers the following areas:
- Healthcare systems, technologies and trends
- Ethical, professional, legal and policy implications of health information systems technologies and health information standards.
- Problem identification and analysis
- Documenting and analyzing healthcare organization, health-user and solution requirements
- Process, workflow and system/solution modelling
- Project management
- Technical writing
- Leadership and management
- Business and system analysis techniques
Students will develop the following competencies:
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving
- Communication and facilitation
- Interactional skills
|Minimum Level of Education Completed||Minimum GPA|
|2-Year Undergraduate Diploma||50.0%|
The program provides breadth and depth of applied knowledge in the field of health informatics. A key characteristic that sets this graduate certificate program apart is the applied nature of the curriculum. Students will be immersed in the process of health informatics/analysis through case studies, industry projects and practical work experience, and will be responsible for developing solutions.
After completing the Health Informatics program, graduates can pursue various career opportunities such as:
- Project/Program Coordinator
- Service Desk Analyst
- Product Analyst
- Apps Analyst
- Testing Analyst
- Privacy Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Clinical Informatics Coordinator
- Data Coordinator
- Junior Business Analyst
These roles involve responsibilities such as coordinating projects or programs, analyzing data, testing and developing apps, managing privacy and training, and providing technical support.
What do you need to apply?
Application deadline: This date isn’t available – To get detailed information, speak to an SAC counsellor today
The tuition fee is subject to change semester wise. To discover more about the data appeared here, you are advised to consult an expert from Study Abroad Consultants to get a highly professional guidance. Study Abroad Consultants accepts no accountability and is not liable to any errors or exclusions in the contents of this site.