The demand for caregivers has been skyrocketed in UK
If you look forward to migrating to UK as a caregiver, you are more in luck! The profession and demand for professionals have been increased resulting in many international caregivers let into the country and after five years of residency, you will be eligible for a UK Permanent Residency Visa.
Who is a Caregiver?
Unlike registered nurses, caregivers won’t work in hospitals or clinics, but they work in nursing homes of private sectors offering personal care. Caregivers offer their service to someone who is struggling with their independence being affected because of their disability. By providing personal care, the caregiver will help the patient to function with assistance.
“There are only four kinds of people in the world. Those who have been caregivers. Those who are currently caregivers. Those who will be caregivers, and those who will need a caregiver.”
― Rosalyn Carter, Former First Lady of the United States
Caregivers are not specialized in any particular field as in nursing, but they are trained to support with physical and emotional care to the needy with ephemeral or prolonging disabilities. Also, caregiving is extended to providing financial and legal affairs which is a different aspect.
Since UK has the scope for caregiving, the countries in the kingdom are acknowledging the profession and letting the specialists of the field into the country from various parts of the world and take up the job.
Also, the foreign nationals who get into the UK countries as caregivers have great prospects out of it. They have the possibilities to obtain a PR visa after 5 years of successful service in UK.
This is a perfect time for caregivers to get into UK who are aspiring to start a new life where their job is immensely acknowledged.
Nursing Home caregiver requirements in the United Kingdom
There are certain requirements to be fulfilled by the applicants to work as a caregiver in UK. Let’s discuss them.
UK Caregiver Eligibility
- Should have completed ANM, GNM or BS Nursing
- An overall IELTS (General) of 5.0 with no band less than 5.0 or a C Grade in OET is needed
- Minimum One year of Experience is made mandatory
- An age bar of 44 is determined
Apart from the above general requirements, your language ability is important as you must comprehend what people there speak and you should be able to make them understand by what you speak. Never mind how many marks (greater than 5) you score in IELTS, if your communication is weak, then you might have to make sure you improve it to get your visa to succeed.
Furthermore, the processing time of the visa might range from 3 to 5 months roughly. If you are selected, then your employer covers the flight ticket cost and, accommodates you for a couple of months after which you have to arrange your own.
This is a 3-year contract-based job and your spouse could accompany you after 3 months from your arrival in the UK.
- IELTS is waived off for your spouse since he or she is your dependent
- Your spouse is open to work full time in the field of specialization
- You will be hired for the best salary
- You will get to enjoy a multicultural lifestyle
- Helping the needy is where satisfaction lies, and you can feel happy about making it your job!
Responsibilities of a caregiver
- Many people who receive care have survived their abilities to care for themselves and benefit from a caregiver’s help.
- Offering emotional support and motivation to complete necessary tasks.
- Making sure that the client’s home is arranged to meet their needs and that safety precautions are taken.
- Improvements in wellness, behaviour, and needs must be monitored.
- Following a doctor’s advice, which could include helping in fitness and medication administration.
Study Abroad Consultants, the industry best overseas education consultants have been helping a lot many abroad aspirants to Study and settle in abroad. You have our complete assistance in migrating to UK as a caregiver.
Right from the beginning, you will be assisted to get through your visa process. We have a team of documentation experts who propel your application to become a successful one.
Our consultant experts are a click away. Talk to them, know your possibilities by accurate profile evaluation and kick off your migration process to UK. Good luck!