PharmD – Doctor of Pharmacy – is a doctorate that prepares you to work as a pharmacy practitioner. PharmD is a 6-year curriculum that follows your secondary school. The academic study accounts for 5 of the six years, with the last year devoted to an internship.
This is no less than a doctoral degree. It is recognized as the first professional degree and a prerequisite for obtaining a license and practicing medicine as a clinical pharmacist.
This sector is unique in that it addresses the effect and safe medication consumption at advanced levels. This experiential learning will help you with the clinical education components and awareness about the specialization from day one.
This blog was created in response to common inquiries about what comes next after earning a PharmD. There are several opportunities to study abroad after earning a PharmD to prepare for a promising future.
Are the United Kingdom and Canada suitable places for me to continue my study after completing my PharmD?
There are several master’s degree programs available at various colleges in the United Kingdom and Canada.
There are world-class universities in Canada and the United Kingdom that seek PharmD graduates to further their study and advance in their careers. The institutions listed below are available to PharmD graduates.
- University of Aberdeen (UK)
- University of Glasgow (UK)
- Coventry University (UK)
- University of York (UK)
- Sheffield Hallam University (UK)
- Loughborough University (UK)
- Red River College (Canada)
- University of Alberta (Canada)
- Seneca College (Canada)
- Carleton University (Canada)
- Humber Institute of Technology (Canada)
- University of Saskatchewan (Canada)
Programs in the United Kingdom
- Clinical Pharmacology MSc (Med Sci)
- MSc Pharmacology and Drug Discovery
- MSc Pharmacology and Drug Discovery (with Professional Experience)
- MSc in Pharmacology and Drug Development
- MSc in Pharmacology and Education
- MSc Pharmacology and Biotechnology
- Clinical Pharmacology MSc
Programs in Canada
- Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Master of Science in Toxicology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmacology – Environmental Health Sciences
- Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Ontario College Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs
- Master of Science in Pharmacology (Thesis)
Opportunities for Employment
There are several prospects for post-graduates in Pharmacy, as this is one of the most important professions for making a difference in humanity and other beings.
- Analytical Research & Development
- Formulation Development (F&D)
- Quality Control
- Quality Assurance
- Regulatory Affairs
- Sales & Marketing
- Hospital / Clinical / Community Pharmacist
The following are potential employment options for overseas students who obtain a post-graduate degree in Pharmacy.
Some common advantages of studying in Canada and the United Kingdom
Both the United Kingdom and Canada are popular destinations for international students. You may select your favorite depending on your preferences, dislikes, and other specific elements that make the country appealing. However, both provide advantages for overseas students who wish to study there. These advantages include the following:
- A world-class education at an affordable cost
- High standard of living
- Globally acknowledged profession.
- Excellent pedagogy
- Well paid job opportunities
- Easy acquisition of Permanent Residence
If you have ever desired to be a successful pharmacist with all the rewards listed above, do not put off planning your education. Get in touch with Study Abroad Consultants. We will assist you.
For many years, Study Abroad Consultants has provided Overseas education consulting services to numerous candidates from across the world.
Do you intend to continue your education after earning your PharmD? Our education consultants will assist you in selecting a nation, a program, and a university. Our skilled documentation staff will ensure the success of your visa application. We are only a click away. Please speak with our education coordinator to receive a personalized consultation as well as a free profile review.